|Housing Program Index|
who we are and what we do
CRHMFA Homebuyers Fund (CHF) is a duly constituted public entity and agency, organized in 1993 and existing under and by virtue of Articles 1 through 4 of Chapter 5 of Division 7 of Title 1 of the Government Code of the State of California. In this capacity, CHF has partnered with local and national financial and lending institutions to provide affordable financing programs with a focus on low-to-moderate income families in California.
For two decades, CHF has offered homebuyer assistance programs featuring low interest rates and down payment and/or closing cost assistance. In 2010, CHF expanded to also provide competitive financing to homeowners interested in making energy efficiency improvements to their home as part of the CHF Residential Energy Retrofit Program.
Program management services
- National Homebuyers Fund, Inc. (NHF) provides program management services for some of the CHF housing programs.
- For more information about NHF or NHF program management services, please visit www.nhfloan.org or call NHF toll-free at (866) 643-4968.
(Time period Jan, 1993 - June, 2012)
- Participated in financing over 42,500 properties
- Provided over $30.5 million in Grants
- Issued over $711 million in tax-exempt bonds
- Issued over $2.0 billion in taxable bonds