|About Us | Contact Us | Holiday Schedule|
who we are and what we do
California Home Finance Authority (CHF)* is a duly constituted public entity and agency, organized in 1993 and existing under and by virtue of Articles 1 through 4 of Chapter 5 of Division 7 of Title 1 of the Government Code of the State of California.
CHF has supported affordable homeownership in California for over two decades, providing homeownership programs featuring competitive interest rates and down payment assistance. To-date, CHF has helped over 45,000 individuals and families to purchase homes in California and provided over $49 million in non-repayable grants. In 2010, CHF expanded its focus to also provide residential energy efficiency financing to California homeowners.
Program management services
- National Homebuyers Fund, Inc. (NHF) provides program management services for some of the CHF housing programs.
- For more information about NHF or NHF program management services, please visit www.nhfloan.org or call NHF toll-free at (866) 643-4968.
(Time period Jan, 1993 - July 2014)
- Helped 45,390 individuals and families to purchase homes in California
- Provided over $49.4 million in grants
- Issued over $711 million in tax-exempt bonds
- Issued over $2.0 billion in taxable bonds
*The California Home Finance Authority (CHF) was formerly known as California Rural Home Mortgage Finance Authority Homebuyers Fund (or CRHMFA Homebuyers Fund). A formal name change is pending.